Magnesium is an essential nutrient that your body can’t produce by itself, so you need to get it through diet and supplementation. It is thought that only about a quarter of Americans actually get the recommended dosage of magnesium in their diet.
The body requires magnesium in large amounts. This type of mineral is known as a macro-mineral.
While the most efficient way to consume nutrients is in their natural forms, supplements are available to boost magnesium intake in people with low levels.
People with the following conditions might see positive effects after taking magnesium glycinate:
- High blood pressure or heart disease: Magnesium supplements can help decrease blood pressure slightly.
- Type 2 diabetes: Consuming high amounts of magnesium in the diet might reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Magnesium helps to break down sugars and might decrease insulin resistance.
- Osteoporosis: Magnesium plays a role in the development of healthy bones, and people with higher levels of magnesium might have a higher bone mineral density. This is important in helping reduce the risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis.
- Migraine headaches: People who experience migraines sometimes have low levels of magnesium in their blood and tissues. Supplements may help reduce the frequency of migraines.
- Depression: Serotonin is a "feel-good" chemical in the brain. Insufficient levels of magnesium seem to reduce serotonin levels.
- Magnesium Glycinate is different than any other magnesium supplement avalible in that the binding of magnesium to glycine an amino acid is beneficial because of the effects it has on the absorption and use of magnesium through the body. This particular pairing of magnesium and glycine is resilient to stomach acids, and has an increased absorption rate in the intestines, increasing the amount of magnesium that makes it into the bloodstream. This means that you get more magnesium into your blood for the amount that you consume---in other words, more “bang for your buck.”
Each capsule is 650ml, daily dosage should be one per day, unless you are experiencing magnesium deficiency symptoms and in that case 2 per day in divided doses (one in the morning and one before bed) until symptoms are alleviated and under control. Some of the telltale signs of a magnesium deficiency are, eye and lip tics, facial tics, scalp pain, leg and foot cramps, insomnia, stress, anxiety, depression, night terrors, teeth grinding (bruxism), heart palpitations, chest pain, these are the symptoms that can be seen or felt, there is much more going on inside your body that you may not even realize is due to this very important mineral lacking in your diet.
Each container contains 120 capsules of 100% pure magnesium glycinate, no fillers or additives.